Personal Democracy Forum Ukraine is all about democracy but not only about the conference. We are proud and happy to have 3 associated workshops taking place the next day after the event, not all of them are open to all participants, but we want you to know regardless. Should you have any questions regarding the workshops you know what to do — let us know!
1. Dani Mist Workshop run by Iurii Lisovskyi and Ruslana Velychko in the Ukrainian language only
Date: June 23rd, 6PM
Place: Freud House, 21 Kostyantynivska St., Kyiv
The workshop will be about Civic Tech, the main ideas and values behind it and how it works abroad as well as in Ukraine. At the meeting we will also specifically talk about an upcoming Apps Challenge for the best Open Data based solutions in Ukraine. Join us to know more and take part in all the activities connected to the entire Dani Mist Project!
2. Responsible Data Workshop in English run by Vadym Hudyma (School of Data) and Tin Geber (the engine room): How to work with data without causing harm to yourself and others?
School of Data and Engine Room invites you to talk about responsible usage of data. We would try to understand the definition of “responsible data”, how keep yourself from being carried away by magic of data and do not forget about real people behind it.
Also we will discuss recent examples of problematic data usage, both in Ukraine and worldwide. To take part in the event, please register here. The workshop will last approx 2,5 hours.
When and Where: June 23rd, 14:30
Place: Visual Culture Research Center, 44 Hlybochytska Street, Kyiv
3. A closed Workshop on Surveillance: “Mass and targeted surveillance by governments and corporations”will be run by Maria Xynou (Tactical Technology Colective, Greece)
Date: June 23rd
Place: Visual Culture Research Center, 44 Hlybochytska St., Kyiv
- surveillance of political leaders and corporations
- mass surveillance of citizens
- targeted surveillance of groups and individuals
- the cooperation of intelligence services from various countries for surveillance purposes
- the cooperation of state intelligence services and corporations for surveillance purposes